Friday, March 18, 2011

The First Day


As you can probably imagine, the children in my class were overwhelmed with excitement when they were finally allowed to 'touch' the iPods.  My first step was to observe the children and see what they thought of the basic apps that were installed.  They discussed and rated each one.  This gave me the starting point of which direction I was heading in as far as apps and the usage or purpose of them.  The part that amazed me was the focus that the children had.  They took it very seriously and were brutally honest about the apps (which was really great for me).  The part that I thought was really great was that they were so concerned with 'damaging' them, that they took it upon themselves to get clean towels to cradle the iPods.  Just look at the smiles on their faces!

No comments:

Post a Comment